It is often easy and tempting to avoid roof repair in Baton Rouge, LA. You may be worried about the cost or feel that the issue can wait through one more rainy season. However, it is never a good idea to delay roof repairs, as that can often lead to larger problems. Here are six effects that can occur if you delay fixing your roof:
- Leaks: There may not be water invading your home or attic now, but that could happen if you leave the damage unrepaired. Even small blemishes can become major issues if left alone. As water works its way under the damage, it will only create a larger hole. Once you have a leak, there is no turning back—you need a roofing contractor right now. Leaks do not plug themselves, and they will only get worse.
- Pests: Damage to your roof is an opportunity for insects, rodents and even raccoons to invade. That hole becomes an invitation for them all to nest and wreak havoc on your home. Before you know it, you will have large families of mice or raccoons and a difficult task ahead of you when it is time to evict them.
- Mold and mildew: Minor water damage can become severe by the end of the next rainstorm. Between the buildup of water and our humid climate, you could be inviting another threat to your exposed roof: mold. Black mold is particularly dangerous to sensitive individuals, and once it takes hold, it is difficult to remove. You will likely spend more to get rid of the mold than you would have spent just getting your roof repaired and avoiding the problem in the first place.
- Safety issues: Whether you are managing your own home or a commercial property, damaged roofs are dangerous to anyone living underneath them. Besides the likely slip-and-fall accidents from wet floors and puddles, the damage can also compromise ceilings and cause them to fall. It is also possible for a building with a damaged roof to undergo a total roof collapse. That is bad news if your household or workers are under it. You could end up facing some serious medical bills, or even a death.
- Reduced property value: If you anticipate selling your home soon, nothing will chase away potential buyers like a damaged roof. Many buyers look to see when you last replaced your roof, and if the time is coming up soon, they will either skip purchasing your home or make the purchase contingent on you repairing or replacing the roof. They may even push for a lower purchase price so they can finance the repairs on their own. No matter the scenario, your damaged roof does not help the value of your home.
- Higher repair costs: The longer you wait to repair a roof, the more you will pay for the job. Roof damage does not repair itself, and if anything, it will get worse over time. Even if you fear the estimate now, rest assured it can be higher if you decide to wait.
If you need roof repair in Baton Rouge, LA, Sunrise Roofing & Construction LLC is here for you. Call us today to schedule your free estimate.
Categorised in: Roofing